Saturday, January 21, 2012

Hello

Hello everybody, today we have about 2 feet of snow that we are getting plowed out of the driveway. My husband tried to plow it yesterday but after a couple times of moving the snow the fourwheeler quit working. I have to say I get quite the work out tromping through the snow to feed all the animals but I still love it. I love walking out and seeing my pigs running around, I have to say I have very happy pigs! everytime I go out there they are running and jumping around. My dogs have become house dogs though it has been way to cold for them to be outside. My blue heeler never wants to come in the house but since the snow he won't go outside! My sheep and goats don't want to leave their shed either, and I am worried my goat is going to have her baby when its below zero. My horses are loving the snow too because they get alfalfa. My chickens are not loving the snow poor babies won't even come out of the coop! I went to feed them and found them huddled with my kitties. Hopefully we can get some sort of heat and electricity out there for next year. 

A little bit about my animals:

My sheep are 5 shetlands and 4 shetland/icelandic 8 ewes and 1 whether. I am purchasing a ram this summer. My female goat is Jessica and she is nubian, my male is Magnum and he is nubian and sanaan. My chickens are a mixed lot of everything. My dogs are Bobo he is husky/lab/schnauzer, and then Wyatt he is my blue heeler. I have 2 Maine coon cats, very great mousers. my horses are 2 quarter horses (May and June) and 2 minature horses ( Cotton and Candy). The minatures are due to foal in May. My pigs are 1 duroc female (Daisy), and 4 Hampshires (Charlotte, Wilbur, Papa, and Bacon). Bacon will be made into bacon when big enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment